The benefits of having a birth certificate are real. Think of going to school, scholarship, social security, marriage and other things where you need identification, and you cannot do without it. Having a birth certificate is without doubt the first step in getting a good start in life. You will require that document for many purposes in your life.
Reasons for Having a Birth Certificate
- Going to School – Most schools will require a birth certificate for registration. The document is used as a proof of age and identity. It is in fact the only document that may be available for proving the identity of a child.
- Social Security – Among other documents, you will also have to furnish your birth certificate to be able to get your social security card. There may be some exceptions in some states and jurisdictions, the document is usually a basic requirement. You will usually have to furnish a copy of the birth certificate and one more proof of identity.
- Marriage – Although it is not mandatory in every state, some may still require a birth certificate to prove your identity. This is so because your marriage license is seen as a crucial document. Its importance is amplified as it could be used for various legal and financial purposes.
- Getting Your Driver’s License – Your state may require you to furnish a copy of the document either when you are applying for a driver’s license or when you are renewing it. You could Order California Birth Certificate to make the task easier and faster. Even if it is not mandatory to carry the document along, it will be helpful if you are carrying it along.
- Your Passport – If you think you could get your passport without much documentation, you are wrong. A birth certificate is a must have. While at the same time, you may have to furnish a copy when boarding a vessel. If you are going to travel, the carrier may require this document as an additional proof of identity.
If you already don’t have this document, you could order it for faster and easier delivery. There are no hard and fast rules as to when and where you may need this document or an additional proof of identity. It could be at the bank, for a new job or to get that mortgage application cleared. Looking at it another way, there is no reason why you shouldn’t have your birth certificate.