Nothing can beat a night-out hangover. But waking up with a pounding head is an irritating matter for all of us. If you feel bad the next morning after having a heavy drink last night, the effects of alcohol will reduce your workability for a few hours. Hangovers seem to be the body’s hazards of overindulgence. Physiologically saying, it’s a joint attack of Diarrhea, headache, nausea, fatigue and shakes in your body. To make yourself fit and get rid of all these problems you may need to visit a doctor who can properly handle your situation by giving you some medicine and tests. If you know such a specialist from your contacts, you should go for it. But if you need any suggestion then you must try IVs in the keys that can treat you with their intravenous treatments and energy & wellness booster shots to make you feel better.
Here in this article, I’m going to write about how doctors treat in such situations. This article can help you to get an overall idea about the treatment. So let’s have a quick look at it.
At first, you need to know about how much alcohol is too much for your body. It has a diuretic effect which is the cause of producing more urine in the human body. It can lead you to dehydration, if you don’t intake equal quantity of water. It’ll also lead to a drop of your blood sugar level, which can make you feel unwell and irritated. So, you need to stop drinking, when you start passing urine frequently.
How Does A Doctor Treat Hangover?
When you are discussing with the doctor about your hangover, the doctor will ask you some questions regarding our drinking habits.
- Frequency of your drinking
- The actual amount of alcohol you drink
- What type of alcohol you usually drink
Your doctor will examine your dehydration level (generally poor capillary refill, decreased skin, dry mucous membranes are the main symptoms). He/she will check your blood pressure and blood sugar levels to check for hypoglycemia. You might be asked to test your urine sample.
- How a Doctor will treat Your Dehydration?
- Your doctor can inject you with some intravenous fluids (a drip) to cure your dehydration
- He can prescribe medication to stop your vomiting and nausea to make you feel comfortable.
- If your blood sugar level is very low, then the doctor can inject you with intravenous fluids which will contain sugar like glucose or dextrose
- He might add some vitamins and minerals to your fluids which will turn your urine into yellow.
- To ease your headache problem, doctors can also prescribe some pain relief medicine like paracetamol and advise you to take rest at least for a few hours.
- Eating some crackers or toast can also help you to restore your blood sugar.
So, these are the prime actions taken by the doctors generally, to get you out of your hangover situation. So, if you drink too much alcohol last night and don’t feel well in the next morning then take a doctor’s advice without wasting time.