Whether you are a smoker yourself, or you have a loved one that smokes, you are no doubt aware of all of the dangers associated to smoking and that the habit is one of the biggest killers in the world. Giving up smoking can be very difficult for some people, especially if they have been smoking for years. Changing the habit is not as easy as just waking up one day and never wanting to have another cigarette, but there are substitutes available that has made the process of giving up a lot easier for people.
From nicotine patches to vaporizers, there are a number of solutions to help people to quit these days. When you think about the harm that smoking does, it has to at least be worth a try to see if it works.
Let’s take a look at all of the reasons that people should stop smoking:
- Heart and circulation – smoking causes numerous problems for the heart. This includes increased risk of heart disease, heart attack and a stroke. Smoking thickens the blood, increasing the likelihood of clotting.
- Lungs, mouth and throat – Due to the path the inhaled cigarette fumes take, your lungs, mouth and throat are all highly perceptible to cancer and other issues. You will also be short of breath and exercise will be much more difficult. If you have young children, it will be harder to do everyday activities like kicking the ball around in the garden. Your kids will be missing out if you can’t spend time playing with them because you’re too unfit through smoking.
- Skin – The skin of smokers is said to age much quicker, with some reports suggesting that smoker can look 10 to 20 years older if they have smoked for a prolonger period. Smoking dries the skin out, so if you want to stay youthful looking, quit smoking quickly to try and rectify the ageing process.
- Hygiene – Smoking produces an unpleasant, musky smell. From bad breath to smelly clothes and yellowing fingers and teeth, smoking isn’t regarded as attractive to many people. This is particularly true for non-smokers, so if you’re looking to find love, this could be holding you back.
- Money – Last and not least, think about all of the money that you could save if you quit smoking! Cigarettes have become so expensive these days and will probably keep increasing every year.
There are so many good reasons to quit smoking but if you have a family that loves you then you should think about their feelings. If you develop an illness that could’ve have been prevented by not smoking, then you could be robbing your children of a parent. Of course it is difficult to quit but there is lots of help on hand. You can even sign up for counseling and hypnotherapy if the other solutions don’t work. Depending on which country you are in, your health service may be able to offer a wide range of solution, so contact them today.