A Nose job, known as Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that changes the appearance of your nose in subtle ways. Even the slightest change to your nose can have a dramatic effect on the way you look. Before undergoing this surgery, it is essential to know about some stuff. Opt for it only if you feel that the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Nenäleikkaus or nose surgery provides two basic benefits. The first is improved appearance. The second is improved nasal function. Nose can be increased or decreased in size, can be made wider or narrower, bumps can be removed, its contour can be changed and the size and shape of the nostrils can be changed. In case, you have a deviated spectrum, septoplasty is performed to correct it.
- Balance: Some might feel that their nose is a distraction feature on their face. If the nose is in a particular shape, there occurs an imbalance between the nose and face. Some celebrities would be famous because of their features and they would consider getting a nose job.
- Improved nasal airflow: Various structures within the nose can contribute to issue in breathing and airflow through the nose. Deviation of the nasal septum occurs usually because of trauma from accidents, sports, or altercations. The right and left side of the nose are separated by this wall like structure. If the septum is crooked, then one of both sides of the nasal airway may be blocked to airflow. A septoplasty is usually performed along with a rhinoplasty to straighten a disfigured nose and septum. This improves the overall look of your nose along ease of inhaling and exhaling the air. The inferior turbinates inside the nose can cause rhinal airway obstruction incase they are large. Nose surgery needs to be done, in order to reduce the turbinates size and improve airflow.
- Self-image and Confidence: Cases where people suffer from self-image issues and low self-esteem due to constantly being bullied, changing the appearance of their nose increases their self-confidence after rhinoplasty. Even if you are getting your rhinoplasty procedure to help correct a problem, you will more than likely feel better about your physical appearance.
- Sleep well: Many people suffer from sleep related issues due to breathing problems. Sleep apnea blocks or closes the airway, further leading to many other health problems. Corrective or revision rhinoplasty is the best solution for those suffering from sleep apnea. You can have your nasal passageways redesigned to help mitigate much of the breathing problems that cause sleep issues.
- The Nose Surgery is a quick solution that can be performed in less than 2 hours.
- It requires only a few days of recovery time.
You can work with your plastic surgeon to help determine how much you want to alter or change the look for the final result. Make sure you work only with a trained and Board Certified plastic surgeon especially for corrective work. Otherwise, the resulting complications lead to more plastic surgery procedures.