Bothered by muscle pain? Is it an injury, strain or due to over use of a particular muscle? No matter what type of pain it is or how long the pain has been a part of your life, you can now get rid of it and feel better without having to worry about taking multiple number of pills or the side-effects caused by them. Nowadays, with the advancement in technology, everything that makes your life difficult can be tackled with ease. TENS device is a genius invention of mankind when it is about managing and tackling muscle pain. TENS are also known as one of the most effective electrical stimulation pain management systems. So, when it comes to ‘pain’; simply put the thought in the back seat of your mind and drive away on you joy ride.
If you have consulted a physical therapist and are using a TENS machine, due to the advice of your physician; then it is well and good, however; if you are experiencing severe pain and you somehow have not yet found out the right solution for it, then the best option for you will be to purchase a TENS Machine available over the counter as well, Give this therapeutic device a try and you will be surprised by the results you get.
The musculoskeletal of humans are best understood by trained physicians, and these devices are made to effectively reduce the pain in the muscles. The electrode pads of these machines helps in stimulating the muscles from within, and thereby helps in providing you relief. However, in order to get the maximum benefits out of these devices, you will have to know how to place them and where to place them. The electrodes of the machines are reusable and will last long if you take proper care.
If you have already bought a device and are now sitting there with the manual, figuring out what to do with it, then; here is a guideline for you to understand the tens machine electrode placement –
- Notice – Try and make out the exact location of the pain, when you are in pain that is caused due to an injury, you might have noticed that you feel the pain in a large area which make you think that you have hurt yourself badly in that whole area, but at the end of it you realize it is a little tiny point that is hurt and the pain is simply extending into the nearby area. So, try to pinpoint the source of your pain first.
- Single or double? – Make sure you use two pads (channels) at a time, since using just one TENS electrode is not effective. It works only in pairs, so; either use one pair or two pairs. This is sure to provide you with benefits and ultimate relief.
- Joints? – It is better not to use these electrode pads on your joints (elbow/ ankles/ knees), since; doing this can misplace the pads and thus reduce its effectiveness by decreasing its stickiness.
- Vertical placement– When the pain is spread across a large area of your body; then, it is best to place one of the electrode near one end of the painful region and the other electrode on the other end; that is, in a vertical manner.
- Horizontal placement– If you are experiencing pain in a smaller region of your body then it is best to place the electrodes on the sides parallel to each other (horizontally).
Hopefully, this little guideline will be of little help to you; say good bye to pain by purchasing a good quality TENS machine and if you already have one and need to replace the electrodes then, buy tenspro TENS electrodes online. This guideline on tens machine electrode placement, comes from the experts; so loosen up a little and give this a try, you are sure to love the experience.