With the increased stress in life, the number of people suffering from depression is also increasing. According to a survey done by South American psychedelic society around 60-70%, people in the world are suffering from some form of mental tension or depression. The new controversial remedy of this problem is Ayahuasca. Let’s read further to know how Ayahuasca treats depression.
What is Ayahuasca?
Ayahuasca is a plant that is known to have spiritual and healing potential. It can be taken in various forms. Some new studies show that various recipes of Ayahuasca are good in controlling depression by keeping hippocampal cells alive.
How Does It Deal With Depression?
Existing systematic research has shown that neurogenesis i.e. the formation of new brain cells, is an important aspect of curing depression. Persons suffering from depression have enlarged amygdale, a pressure hormone releasing gland, present inside human brain. They also have a hippocampus 15% smaller than in the person without depression.
Ayahuasca keeps hippocampal cells alive and prevent it from shrinkage. It also increases the serotonin level, which is known to increase the amount of brain-derived neurotrophic element (BDNF). BDNF helps in increasing neurogenesis by curing depression.
What Are The Different Forms Of Ayahuasca To Get Rid Of Depression?
Ayahuasca can be taken in various forms including tea, vine or beer. Some other recipes are given here.
- The Natema Recipe
- Split the pieces of Banisteriopsis caapi into small strips.
- Place the pieces in a pot with lot of water.
- Add leaves of Herrania species, Diplopterys cabrerana, Heliconia stricta, Ilex guayusa and mukuyasku.
- Boil it until a syrupy consistency is formed.
The Caapi & M. Hostilis Recipe
- Wrap Banisteriopsis caapi in a towel.
- Hammer it until shreaded.
- Grind the mimosa and put it in a pan with a teaspoon of vinegar and one liter water.
- Put the same amount of vinegar and water in another pot and mix well with the caapi.
- Simmer for 2-4 hours. Avoid boiling.
- Filter both the mixtures in separate pots for at least 4-5 times.
- Simmer again.
- Mix water and vinegar again and simmer.
- Follow the whole procedure at least 3 times.
- The extract collected after filtration should not be more than one cup. More the concentration of cappi, greater effect it has on depression.
- Keep the extract in the fridge overnight.
- Again filter both the things the next day without disturbing the sludge.
- Mix the blend, heat it up and drink warm.
Try to take an expert help for making these recipes. You can order all the ingredients online. Try to make the brew when the items are fresh.
What to Avoid During Ayahuasca Intake?
Spicy and salty foods should not be taken during the whole procedure. Any other type of drug or alcohols should also be avoided. Try to follow the detox diet plan 24 hours before and after the intake procedure.