The term Rhinoplasty essentially refers to nose surgery. The method is also known as “nose job”, “nose reshaping” or “nose refinement”. Even though majority of Rhinoplasty cases take place due to aesthetic reasons, an abnormal structure or injury of the nose that causes breathing problems can also be the reason.
Depending on the anatomy of the nose and bone structure this nose surgery can bring minor changes as well. The firmness of the skin also plays an instrumental role because the outcome of the surgery would be more effective to people with thin skin rather than people with thick skin. Harder skin disallows the prominence of the bone structure.
How much the minor alteration would enhance the final look depends largely on the surgeon’s capability and skill, hence the most crucial decision is to choose a well-qualified and experienced surgeon. Of late, India has taken a major step forward in nose surgery and Rhinoplasty in Hyderabad and in some other metropolitan city is becoming popular.
About The Surgery
Depending on the area and complexities of change this surgery can be of two kinds; external and internal. The method of operation is also markedly different for these two types of Rhinoplasty.
- In case of internal Rhinoplasty all sorts of incisions are made within the nasal cavity.
- Under external Rhinoplasty incisions are done across the Columella base.
The nasal structure becomes more visible due to external incision and it further helps operate on the cartilage and bone more easily to reshape the nose. In case of a complicated surgery most surgeons prefer external Rhinoplasty.
After The Surgery
When the operation is over the followings are the most common things that surgeons do and patients go through.
- After the operation surgeons make use of splint to keep the structure intact.
- The patients sometimes experience pain and swelling and pain and they require sedatives and pain killers.
- Patients also go through discomfort, headache, slight bleeding and swelling close to their eyes.
In this situation, they are advised to do the followings;
- They are advised to rest in bed keeping their head upwards for an entire day.
- Patients are instructed to keep hygiene to avoid infection.
- Patients are asked to not to touch the area adjacent to their nose.
If everything falls in place, patients can resume their normal life within 3-4 days but they should stay away from hectic activities for about 2-3 weeks.
When Rhinoplasty Is A Strict No-No?
Under the following circumstances one should refrain from going for nose surgery.
- If one suffers from a cold for the last two weeks before the surgery.
- Those who are under the course of Aspirin and other blood thinning medicines are not ideal candidates for Rhinoplasty.
Everyone looking to undergo nose surgery must inform their concerned surgeons about all the medicines they are currently using. If they have had a surgery previously and faced unusual reactions such as allergies or illness they should inform about that as well.